Data for a Cause is collaborating with the lovely people at MaptimeSG and GeoWorks for another QGIS workshop! Here are the details for the event:
- Date: Tuesday, April 9th, 2019
- Time: 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Venue: GeoWorks, Level 7 of the PSA Building, 460 Alexandra Road (next to Alexandra Retail Centre [ARC], which is a hop, skip, and jump away from Labrador Park MRT)
There are three things you need to do before you join us:
- Install QGIS version 3.4 on your laptop (for either Mac or Windows)
- Register at the Meetup page provided
- Find your way to GeoWorks
1. Install QGIS v3.4 On Your Laptop
You’re going to need to bring your own laptop with QGIS (version 3.4) installed and ready to rock-and-roll. Sounds scary? Don’t worry! We have some easy-to-follow instructions for you right here:
2. Register for Event at Meetup Page
If you’re interested to join us, please follow the link here and click the big blue tick on the right-hand side of the page.
3. Find Your Way To GeoWorks
Follow these steps to get up to Geoworks:
- Once you enter the PSA building, go to the self-registration machines next to the security desk and scan your IC (be sure your photo is facing UP)
- On the screen, search for Singapore Land Authority. Put in your name and NRIC number and click OK.
- When prompted, take your IC and go to the set of elevators on the far left (near the entrance into the ARC), scan your IC and enter the lift lobby
- Take a lift up to level seven, smile and wave at anyone inside the glass doors and ask if you could be let in!
Also, it wouldn’t hurt to follow @MaptimeSG on Twitter as well 😉
If you have any trouble with anything, please get in touch with us at hello-(at)-data4causes.com and we’ll get Rushan to sort you out right away!
We would also like to thank GeoWorks for providing the space for the workshop!
See you there!